Parsnip and Ginger Cupcake with Light Whipped Cream Cheese Frosting
- Mix it up – combine the parsnip, cinnamon, sultanas, ginger, oil, egg, milk and sugar into a lovely, thick, creamy goo.
- Shake it – sift flour and baking powder together and whisk up well.
- All in – add dry to wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Time for a cuppa –bake for 25 minutes at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Beat it – whisk up the sugar, orange zest, light cream cheese and quark.
- Finishing touches – pipe onto cupcakes with a 1m nozzle.
For the sponge
For the frosting
Top TipCalm down – to avoid your cakes collapsing in the oven, don’t overdo your sponge mix. The raising agents in the dry mix react quickly with moisture – over-mixing causes the bubbles to break and the cakes to sink.