Butternut Squash, Date and Pecan Muffins
- Squash on – drizzle the butternut squash with oil and bake for 30 minutes or until soft at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Mix it up – blend the baked squash with the cinnamon, butter, egg, apple sauce, water and sugar.
- Stir it up – mix in the chopped pecans and dates.
- Beat it – whisk together the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Get it together – combine the dry and wet mixtures with a wooden spoon.
- Time for a cuppa – divide into 8 muffin liners, top with the held-back pecans, dates and demerara sugar, then bake for 25 minutes at 190°C/375°F/Gas 5.
For the muffins
Top TipIf you want to bake the mega muffins you see in coffee shops, heap-fill your liners, bake on a slightly hotter temperature and open wide!