Black Bean Brownies
- Beat it – whisk together all the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Mix it – in a separate bowl, blend together the beans, almond essence, eggs, yoghurt and sugar.
- Stir it up 1 – stir in most of the cashews (keep some back for the topping) and the melted chocolate.
- Stir it up 2 – stir in the dry ingredients and the chopped chocolate.
- Time for a cuppa – flatten mixture into a loaf tin using a spatula, top with the rest of the cashews and bake for 20 mins at 180°C/350°F/Gas 4.
- Finishing touches – allow to cool and pop in the fridge for 30 minutes before slicing into 8 squares and smiling in anticipation.
For the brownie
Top TipFibre aids digestion and helps you feel fuller without eating so much. You can easily add fibre to your baking by using vegetables and alternative flours such as buckwheat and coconut flour.